As an executive coach, Nancy partners with high-tech executives and emerging leaders to meet their career goals while achieving outstanding business results. Due to her extensive experience leading high-tech organizations, she has a deep understanding of fast-paced, results-driven corporate environments and challenges. Clients who work with Nancy receive objective feedback, find fresh perspectives, and make measurable, achievable plans to meet their goals. She helps her clients turn awareness into practical, effective action.
Nancy has coached executives and senior managers in the fields of finance, marketing, engineering, biotechnology, hospitality, and higher education at companies including Hewlett Packard, Stanford University, SAP, eBay, National Semiconductor, Intuit, Cisco, VMware, Symantec, and BDO Seidman. She collaborates with each client to ensure that the coaching program is customized to the client’s business needs, talents, and priorities. Nancy creates an atmosphere of confidentiality and trust that leads to quick, sustainable results.
Nancy’s corporate experience includes over 20 years in technology leadership roles at Hewlett Packard, Compaq Computers, BD Biosciences, AT&T Bell Laboratories, and Rockwell International. She brings to coaching her unique blend of coaching, people management, technology and business skills. She applies her extensive, practical business background to help her clients design and implement new approaches to on-the-job challenges.
Nancy is a past board member of the Silicon Valley Coach Federation, an Associate Certified Coach with the International Coach Federation, and a certified coach through New Ventures West in San Francisco. She is a member of the Goodstone Group (previously Marshall Goldsmith Partners) coaching network, and is certified in the Goldsmith Coaching Process™. Nancy has an M.S. in Computer Engineering from the University of Michigan, and is certified in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® and Booth Leadership EQ 360 assessment.
Results Achieved with Recent Coaching Clients:
• Vice President at Fortune 500 software firm to rapidly accelerate skills needed to deliver transformational change, leading a global team to deliver business-critical results while up-leveling individual and team capabilities.
• Partner at leading public accounting firm to improve political savvy and build stronger relationships between partner's global business unit and the executive team.
• Engineering Director at a global software and services firm to improve influence and negotiation skills by transforming his style from negative and confrontational to collaborative.
• Senior Marketing Leader at Fortune 100 Silicon Valley firm to enhance performance by controlling volatility in public settings, which limited job effectiveness and career growth.
• Marketing Director at a leading Silicon Valley software firm to turn around others' perception of her as self-promoting rather than a team player who supports her boss and colleagues, positioning her for promotion to Vice President.
• Treasury Director at a global online services firm to improve ability to communicate team's strategy, secure buy-in from stakeholders in peer functions, and build others’ confidence that Treasury plans supported company financial goals.